XL Polished Viking Drinking Horn with Stand
When Vikings returned home from battle, a horn was always offered to them to quench their thirst and welcome them home. It’s also said that a drinking horn is your first reward in Valhalla. In many ancient cultures, warrior men and women were buried with their horns so they would always remember the great feasts of their earthly lives, and would never go thirsty as they passed beyond. As warriors rode into battle or travelled to lands unknown, they always had a horn strapped to their belt.
We descendants of the ancients also deserve a full horn to welcome us home after the battles of modern life.
The AleHorn XL Viking Drinking Horn is a handcrafted historically accurate vessels with which to drink your mead, ale, or whatever you thirst for. Each unique horn features brass trim around the rim to preserve the beveled lip of the cup and provide a kingly drinking experience with each hearty quaff. The horns are polished and sealed to preserve and protect them.
The XL Viking Drinking Horn is the largest of AleHorn’s vessels, and while volume varies due to the beautiful chaos of nature, it’ll generally fit a beer or two at least, and maybe even a full bottle of mead.
In olden times our ancestors drank their ale all in one go, eliminating the need for a stand or mount. We now have beautiful modern craft brews that invite savoring, so we’ve included a 100% horn stand with each horn so we can drink a bit slower or give ourselves a free hand should we need it.
Features of the XL Viking Drinking Horn
- Beautiful and chaotic nature dictates the unique design of each horn
- Aside from the decorative brass lip, all vessels are 100% bovine horn
- Handsomely polished to bring out the horn’s unique coloration
- Sealed and suitable for consumption of cool liquids
- 20”-22” tall
- Includes 100% horn stand for display
- Hand wash with soap only, do not use dishwasher. Rinse before first use.
- Fully engraveable for a custom piece.